Jiuquan Iron and Steel Corporation
Jiuquan Iron and Steel Corporation [Photo/jiugang.com]
Located at the western end of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), in Jiayuguan city, Gansu province, Jiuquan Iron and Steel Corporation (JISCO) was founded in 1958 and was the fourth steel industrial base planned by China after Anshan, Wuhan and Baotou.
After more than 50 years of development, it has become the largest steel joint enterprise in western China and a major backbone enterprise group within Gansu province.
As an important carbon steel and stainless steel production base, JISCO has two major production systems, creating an annual production capacity of 12 million tons of steel and 1.2 million tons of stainless steel. It is also one of the largest aluminum enterprises in China, with a capacity of 1.75 million tons of electrolytic aluminum.
Its products are used throughout China and are exported to Europe, the United States and Asia. Some products have been used for the Yangtze River Three Gorges project, the Qinghai-Tibet Railway, the Beijing Olympic Stadium, the Lanzhou-Xinjiang High-speed Railway, and other key national projects. Its stainless steel products are widely used in chemical, petroleum, tableware and manufacturing industries.